WoW WoW Classic Recruitment Update!

wow_recruit_update_banner.jpg

A little over two weeks ago Cyrus opened its doors to recruitment again for WoW Classic. We didn't quite know what to expect - whether we would be able to stand out from the plethora of guilds out there, or even the quality of applications we would receive (this is still WoW after all!). So to say the last two weeks have been a pleasant surprise would be an understatement!

Our recruitment has gone extremely well, and is testament to all the hard work and attention we have given it. We have always tried to set out our stall honestly as a guild, outlining realistic goals and ambitions based on the kind of member we hope to recruit. And when choosing which members to join us we always pay equal attention to whether we are a good fit for the prospective new member as they would be for us.

So we have been very happy with the overall standard of applications we have received, and it's clear that this game is attracting a (sometimes!) more mature player base that knows what to expect, how much time their real-life will allow them to invest, and what their personal and guild goals in the game will be. As well as a written application we have also spoken to each new applicant on Discord to try and get to know them a little better, give them the chance to get to know us and ask any questions, and really make sure that they are a good fit for our community. This has been a huge undertaking, but one that I hope will pay dividends in the future.

recruit_update_ret.jpg

Sorry Wonderboy, we really do have faith in you! You will be a great Ret Pally - but the memes are too much fun!

While there are no guarantees in life that everything will work out as we all hope, things are certainly starting off with the right sense of enthusiasm and buzz. The pre-launch stress test followed by the character name reservation evenings were extremely lively and fun on our Discord, with both new members and old getting along as though they'd known each other for years. The memes were coming in thick and fast, but so too were the theory-crafting and technical discussions that will only really start to become relevant in several weeks time - but that wasn't going to hold anyone back!

So far we are just one Holy Paladin shy of filling our 40-man raid group (where are all the Holy Paladins at, Alliance?!). But of course we aren't stopping there - we need a healthy contingent of additional core and casual raiders rotating in to ensure we can always get our raid team out even when some members are on holiday or simply unable to attend.

And it doesn't all stop at the PvE raiding - Cyrus has a rich history of success in PvP MMOs, and we don't want to neglect the opportunities that lay waiting for us in WoW Classic. So you can be sure that we will be representing on the open world - we will be organising whole guild PvP events, smaller scale skirmishes and pre-made battleground groups to carve their way through the scenery and put the Cyrus stamp on our server.

So if you are still looking for a guild for WoW Classic, check out our schedule and what we are about, and get your application in. We offer a great community, the chance to raid and world PvP, and I'm sure lots of fun nights doing all kinds of varied things in this wonderful game!

herding_cats.jpg

Some say the hardest thing about 40-man raiding is getting everyone to turn up... But they've never encountered my Excel Spreadsheets!

Personally I can not wait to enjoy this nostalgic experience with everyone in this guild. To build community together as it was back in the day. Say good bye to your friends.. family.. job..girlfriends/boyfriends.. we are in for the long haul together 😂❤

The quality of recruitment that was achieved, in the time frame it was a achieved in, isn't just a testament to all the brand new brilliant guild members we have on board, but to the hard work of @Redh, @Dia and @Raffles.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone more and tackling the challenges that await us together!

And so it begins! (jk Redh)

Welcome again to all the new faces that join us over the last 2 weeks. Thanks for being so active on Discord and for all the fun, knowledge and enthusiasm you brought with you.

Still looking for a home? Join now before it's too late.

The quality of recruitment that was achieved, in the time frame it was a achieved in, isn't just a testament to all the brand new brilliant guild members we have on board, but to the hard work of @Redh, @Dia and @Raffles.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone more and tackling the challenges that await us together!
Thank you, Struckd. It has all been worth it, everyone is so nice. It has been years since I've been excited about a "new" MMO release, I forgot how it felt.

It's been an absolute pleasure speaking to each and every one of you as part of the application process. Hearing your stories and listening to you outline your goals for Classic has got me more hyped than ever, knowing that there are 40+ other people ready to go into the trenches with me while we down bosses and delete the Horde masses. On paper, we have a fantastic team.

On paper...

Anyone can stick in a nice wordy app and then talk the talk on discord. But heres where the real work starts. Can you live up to the high standards you yourselves have set? Whether its topping meters, aspiring for a leadership position or meeting full attendance every week on progression and giving it your all - it's all down to you.

And personally, I can't wait to get started.

WE. ARE. CYRUS!!!

recruitment.jpg

Great start and great people !! Can't wait to get into it and get to know all of you better !!​

Last edited:
Toggle Sidebar