Sulfuron Ingots - We Are Cyrus!

Do you think every Core Raider should contribute 100g towards the cost of Sulfuron Ingots?

• Yes - this is a guild achievement, and we are absolutely that kind of guild!

Votes: 36 85.7%
  • No - I shouldn't have to contribute towards this, we are not that kind of guild.

Votes: 6 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dav

Retired Member
Class
Paladin
Should be 2 days since you sent me last, right?

Last edited:

Inev

Raid Leader
Class
Druid
i got a transmute but i got a free 1 for you to come

Redh

Guild Leader
Class
Paladin
Total raised so far: 1839g
Total spent so far
: 2245g

We still need to purchase two more ingots 😇

Bloodarrows

Casual Raid Member
Class
Hunter
Hello - I am very short on gold so put me on the "wants to but currently to poor" list.

I could possibly donate some Arcanite bars as I have a few ready for my wep enchant that ive been saving if they are still needed.

Kataya

Core Raid Member
Class
Warrior
hey blood, ty for the offer m8, its really up to you in regards to the arcanite bars, seeing they where ment for your weapon enchant :)

Xannadu

Core Raid Member
Class
Warrior
100g sent to Redh between the 5th - 7th for you Kataya. (in seperate payments because I'm a poor old sod...)

Also thank you to all for helping with the dungeon gold farming group to help achieve this: @Kataya @Prawni @Swatte @Norrall @Maitai

It's helped a lot and most of all it gave me time to relax and chill out with you lot outside of raids again.. yes this is a luxury at the moment! Respectively I know I haven't had a lot of time for you guys recently but I am really pushing to do my bidding. Retail is a killer this time of year but I know I can count on you all to look after me ;)

Thanks team!

Aýla

Core Raid Member
Class
Rogue
Based on the results of the poll so far, we have a clear decision!

View attachment 2331
Any excuse to put up a chart!

While I wish this had been a unanimous decision, 33 members voting in favour of this action is a very healthy and positive number, especially for an anonymous poll. So on that basis, I am asking every Core Raider to contribute 100g towards the cost of the Ingots for this weapon so that we can get it crafted.

To enable me to track contributions, please either mail or trade the gold to me directly, and I will keep a log posted on this thread (if you trade, make sure I write it down as soon as you give it to me!). If you have already sent the gold to Kataya he will let me know and I will update my records accordingly. Also, some of you have mentioned that you would like to contribute but are struggling with gold at the moment. If this is the case, don't worry - just let me know, and you can contribute either in instalments or in full at a later date. We can also set up some dungeon grinding groups to farm specifically for this!

I am very happy that this is the decision we have collectively taken - to not do this would have been a real shame, and I hope we can all draw on this as inspiration for our future as a guild. This represents great intentions to stick together and make a successful guild and community, so thank you for that!
Honestly, I don't get why we're enforcing everyone to put down 100g each towards the hammer. First we agreed to it not being mandatory but since the poll we all have to chip in even though a small majority of us, including me don't want to or can't. Just because it's a small majority doesn't mean you can just throw us under the bus, the least you can do is try to come up with something inbetween that works for both parties. If that doesn't work out, fine. So be it, but atleast you showed that you care and tried to make it work.

Furthermore since we apprently are comitting to this hammer and decided that everyone should chip in, then why aren't the guild bank funds going to the hammer instead of our own pockets when the guild have sold multiple Lionheart helms and supposedly mats that should cover most of the cost for Kataya to then finnish. The hammer is a pure niche item as Redh mentions (1st page of this thread, 2nd paragraph) ''some would see this as a terrific guild achievement and a good thing to help Kataya get a legendary weapon, which brings a certain prestige to the guild and a nice article for our homepage ''.

For gold, we currently have a massive 100g in the guild vault from selling items.

Lionheart sales is a completely separate issue. I have used some of the gold to help out several members with a loan where needed, and have used it to buy some Ingots (which I hope will be recouped when more members have contributed). However I have not and will not be logging this - the benefit of me getting the plans was that it would stay in the guild, be available to members for free, and that I would use most of the profits for the benefit of the guild, as any guild leader does with their gold.
And how come we only have 100g in the guildbank when we've supposedly sold multiple Lionheart Helms & other misc items and it haven't been logged? In addition to, why aren't you logging the purchases of the ingots or loans since it's the whole guilds gold. Last but not least, why are you saying that ''I would use most of the profits for the benefit of the guild''. Are you using the rest of the profits for personal gain? I'm not ''taking shots'', I just want the best for the guild and would like to see logs of it all.

Lasergun

Class Leader
Class
Paladin
You are taking shots imo.
Most ppl voted yes. So Redh decided that Everyone is Shipping in. I was wondering that 6 guys voted no for this Poll, i actually couldnt believe that ppl voted no. Trust me Redh is Shipping in most the money he got from the Lionheart Head. Actually more than any of us. The Ingots are expensive... Kataya made alot of money of his own too. I bet Fiery Cores etc. Will be Provided by the Guild Bank.

Rcarmine

Retired Member
Class
Druid
Most ppl voted yes. So Redh decided that Everyone is Shipping in. I was wondering that 6 guys voted no for this Poll, i actually couldnt believe that ppl voted no. Trust me Redh is Shipping in most the money he got from the Lionheart Head. Actually more than any of us. The Ingots are expensive... Kataya made alot of money of his own too. I bet Fiery Cores etc. Will be Provided by the Guild Bank.
How is he taking shots by asking for logs for resources that were called GUILD resources?
How is he taking shots when hes asking where the rest of the money from the helmets is going to when "most" of it is going towards the ingots? Or what loans provided from that?

And sure most people voted yes, but Aylas point was very clearly that this doesnt mean you can make it mandatory for everyone just because of that. A "mandatory donation" isnt a donation anymore but a tax.

Nillé

Class Leader
Class
Hunter
I voted no. Not because I didn't want to assist with the gold myself, but because I don't agree that it should be a demand. Especially when its a pure pvp weapon. My hopes since it dropped was always that people would assist with it without being asked.

Redh

Guild Leader
Class
Paladin
Hey @Monkeypooh - thank you for sending me some gold towards this, it is very generous of you especially considering your level. However I have returned it to you - you need it at this stage more than we do. Fantastic that you wanted to get involved though :)