Guide [Stat priorities] All classes

Deen

Core Raid Member
Class
Warrior
As many people will be new to Vanilla, I thought I'd share this little table I found that gives a good idea of what to focus, as well as break down some terms. Feel free to comment if you disagree with some parts of it or have questions ;-)

As everything, take with a grain of salt. As far as my own experience of Vanilla back in the days and other generally concurring sources go, this seems to hold pretty true. But some things (most likely nothing major though) might slightly change after the game release and further analysis is done.
Definitely a good starting point though.

Terms:

mp5 = Mana regen per 5 seconds
cap/soft cap = it is the limit/point beyond a stat...
-> ... stops providing a particular benefit (but can still provide others)
-> ... a temporary buff (raid buff/dungeon buff so buff usually expected to be on you, either by you or others) will push the stat above the hard cap
hard cap
= it is the limit/point beyond a stat becomes useless or too inefficient.
Tier gear = Gear from a set, with bonuses depending on the number of pieces you get, as well as a unified appearance.
Tier 1, 2, 2.5 = Respectively Molten core [MC], Blackwing Lair [BWL] (+Onixia+Ragnaros), AQ40
Pre-raid BIS = Best Gear (usually for each slot) that can be obtained prior to doing Raid, via dungeons, quests, crafting, World drops etc...

stat prio.jpg

Link to table above as Google doc.

Last edited:

Circus

Retired Member
Class
Druid
He recently put up his first stream. Covers mostly Warrior and Druid tanking.

I'd recommend watching this if you plan on tanking... solid information!