Rogue Rogue Nature Resist Gear for AQ

Nettle

Class Leader
Class
Rogue
@Aýla @Shimyy @Norrall @Timo @Naserian @Tigurius

AQ is a way off, but I had to act when the warriors humiliated us with their disgusting NR ensembles here.

So let's get started on this ourselves.

Deen has expressed 160-185 unbuffed Nature Resistance is what we should be aiming for. This seems reasonable, as we can reach 200 + with Magic Resistance Potions (cheap) or Hunter aura buffs (free!).

I've put together a list of stuff you could start aiming for/preparing for. A lot of the recommended NR gear in online lists contain items that in the current economy are super expensive. Personally, I want to avoid that. Additionally, items like the + NR rings are big DPS gimps, as well as being expensive. Therefore I've only put the expensive/gimping stuff in alternatives.

With the below, and depending on which back enchant you get, we would all have: 185 - 195 NR unbuffed. This is suitably high and leaves room to drop certain items if it turns out we don't need so much. For example dropping one Noxxion trinket, in favour of Hand of Justice or Blackhand's Breadth or just getting one +10 enchant on the head/leg.

It will require:

Some runs in Maraudon - possible to solo, but probably easier in twos.
Some runs in Razorfen Downs - easily soloable.
Buying a cheap BoE from AH if you don't have Bloodfang Chestpiece
Doing a simple quest chain in Silithus in P5.
Farming mats for Arcanum of Rapidity (At current market rates, two will cost you 64-70g, and a little time farming in WPL/EPL)

AND

Preparing some trade goods. Unfortunately this step is unavoidable and a little expensive, as most of the NR comes from the 3 craftable items. For the three Bramblewood items you will need:

5 Cured Rugged Hide (will cost between 50-100g in total);
22 Enchanted Leather (will cost about 100g in total);
2 Larval Acid (can easily farm this from the big worms in EPL, or buy for 20g);
6 Living Essence (6-10g); AND
2 Bloodvine (Nouska has said this will be available from GBank at discounted price).

Update this thread when you've got stuff. Let's do this.

SlotSourceEnchantAlternatives
Head: 30 NR from Bramblewood HelmLeathercrafting item (available in P5)+10 from ZG (you need to prepare an Arcanum of Rapidity for this)
Neck: none, use current neck for Hit/Crit, ATP
Shoulder: 10 NR from Phytoskin SpauldersMaraudon - Razorlash+5 NR from Argent Dawn
Back: 10 NR from Grovekeeper's DrapeMaraudon -Celebras the CursedIdeally, +15; OR at least +5Gaea's Embrace
Chest: 10 NR from Bloodfang ChestpieceBWL - NefarianIf using the BoE, recommend slapping on a cheap enchant like +3 statsCow King's Hide - world drop (this is a cheap BoE)
Wrist: none, use current wrists
Hands: 10 NR from Arachnid Gloves (even if you get +INT/STA combo these are fine)Razorfen Downs - Tuten'kashRecommend slapping a cheap enchant on theseStonebark Gauntlets (+16 NR, but these are mega expensive atm)
Waist: 15 NR from Bramblewood BeltLeathercrafting item (available in P5)
Legs: 25 NR from Cenarion Reservists LeggingsQuest reward: P5 Quest+10 from ZG (you need to prepare an Arcanum of Rapidity for this)
Boots: 25 NR from Bramblewood BootsLeathercrafting item (available in P5)
Recommend slapping a cheap enchant like +5 agility on these
Ring: none, use current ring for Hit/Crit, ATPThere are many +NR rings on AH..
Ring: none, use current ring for Hit/Crit, ATP...but they are super expensive, and offer nothing but +NR.
Trinket: 10 NR from Heart of NoxxionMaraudon - Noxxion
Trinket: 10 NR from Heart of Noxxion
Maraudon - Noxxion
Trinket: Barov Peasant CallerQuest reward: The Last Barov in WPL

WEAPONS FOR VISCIDIUS

Please get two of the below for Viscidius. Hammer of the Northern Wind and Coldrage Dagger OR dual wield Coldrage Dagger.

Please also get the weapons enchanted with Icy Chill.

1: Hammer of the Northern Wind (BoE world drop epic.)

2: Darrowspike (questline in Scholo, every warrior/rogue/hunter should have one of these from the questline; this proc rate is the 2nd best)

Apparently this one is not showing a promising proc rate in Classic. Keep the dagger, if you still have it - just in case.

3: Coldrage Dagger (drop from RFD final boss.)

Last edited:

Nettle

Class Leader
Class
Rogue
Added Gaea's Embrace as an alternative cloak. It offers more NR, but less stamina, and is more expensive (40g for Mooncloth; + Bloodvine costs)

Last edited:

Nettle

Class Leader
Class
Rogue
Note: Savage Guard can also be obtained by trading in an Arcanum of Protection or Arcanum of Focus. The mats for each are pretty much the same as Arcanum of Rapidity, except Arcanum of Protection and Arcanum of Focus (+2 Large Brill Shards) require a BOP item from Strat UD and Scholo, respectively. On the other hand, Arcanum of Rapidity requires a BOP item which can be farmed solo in the open world.

The librams for Arcanum of Protection (10g) and Arcanum of Focus (35g) are also more expensive than Arcanum of Rapidity (5g).

Last edited:

Repike

Class Leader
Class
Mage
Note: Savage Guard can also be obtained by trading in an Arcanum of Protection or Arcanum of Focus. The mats for each are pretty much the same as Arcanum of Rapidity, except Arcanum of Protection and Arcanum of Focus (+2 Large Brill Shards) require a BOP item from Strat UD and Scholo, respectively. On the other hand, Arcanum of Rapidity requires a BOP item which can be farmed solo in the open world.

The librams for Arcanum of Protection (10g) and Arcanum of Focus (35g) are also more expensive than Arcanum of Rapidity (5g).
Isn;t this limited to your class?
E.g. mages can only use focus
@Naz @Nouska Tagging you two cuties for your brainz

Nouska

Raid Leader
Class
Mage
No, as far as I'm aware you can turn in any of them for the Savage Guard, doesn't matter what class you are. The NPC has 3 different quests basically, all rewarding the same item.

Nettle

Class Leader
Class
Rogue
Isn;t this limited to your class?
E.g. mages can only use focus
@Naz @Nouska Tagging you two cuties for your brainz
Rogues can definitely obtain a Libram of Protection, as well as Libram of Rapidity. Afaik, there are no class-restrictions. But you've put some doubt in my mind, so I will search about for confirmatory info.

EDIT: may have got the wrong idea here, did you mean the Savage Guard quest itself discriminates by class on which libram you use?

Last edited:

Repike

Class Leader
Class
Mage
Rogues can definitely obtain a Libram of Protection, as well as Libram of Rapidity. Afaik, there are no class-restrictions. But you've put some doubt in my mind, so I will search about for confirmatory info.

EDIT: may have got the wrong idea here, did you mean the Savage Guard quest itself discriminates by class on which libram you use?
I remember somebody telling me that the quest discriminates by class, don't have a source on that at the moment though
Definitely somebody within the guild though

I kinda hope I'm right because I invested in some LoF's...

Nettle

Class Leader
Class
Rogue
I remember somebody telling me that the quest discriminates by class, don't have a source on that at the moment though
Definitely somebody within the guild though

I kinda hope I'm right because I invested in some LoF's...
So I can't find any info that suggests the Savage Guard enchant requires certain Arcanums from certain classes.

What I have found though: prior to patch 1.11, the non-NR head/leg enchants (for rogues - Death's Embrace) also required arcanums, and those were specific based on class, for example, rogue required Rapidity, mage required focus etc.

Nettle

Class Leader
Class
Rogue
Savage Guard does not appear to be in the game at the moment. Possibly might not even be in the game until P6 (Naxx).

If you have the Arcanums ready, please do still hold on to them, though. Hoping might be added in P5.