Warrior [Raid Rotation] General Info

Deen

Class Leader
Class
Warrior
Hey guys. So this is a thread for general info and raid rotations for warriors, whether pertinent to raid or anything else. I will post the rotations here and any other relevant info :)

CURRENT NO SHOW/POSSIBLE NO SHOW PLANNED:

Deen - 24th December to 4th January 2020
Dawarrior - 10th to 13th January 2020
Xannadu - 27th January to 2nd February 2020

RAID ROTATION: (Updated: 12/12/2019)

Rotations for October 2019 (based on 8 warriors per raid):

Wed 16th Oct - Xannadu(MT) is rotated​
Wed 23th Oct - Goatsie(OT) & Snoof(OT/Dps) are rotated
Wed 30th Oct - Dawarrior(OT) & Snoof (OT/Dps)[sick] are rotated
Rotations for November 2019 (based on 8 warriors per raid):

Wed 6th Nov - Deen(MT) & Snoof (OT/Dps)[sick] are rotated
Wed 13th Nov - Hakugard(OT/Dps) & Snoof (OT/Dps)[sick] are rotated
Wed 20th Nov - Deen(MT) is rotated
Wed 27th Nov - Deen(MT) [cancelled] is rotated
Rotations for December 2019 (based on 8 warriors per raid):

Wed 4th Dec - Xannadu (MT) is rotated
Wed 11th Dec - Naz (DPS) is rotated
Wed 18th Dec - Ninefingerz (OT/Dps)​
Sun 29th Dec & Sun 5th January - Sign up Thread for Xmas - whoever is there​

Rotations for January 2020 (based on 8 warriors per raid):

Wed 8th Jan - Kataya (OT/Dps) is rotated​
Wed 15th Jan- Dawarrior (MT) is rotated​
Wed 22th Jan - Browner (OT) is rotated​
Wed 29th Jan - Xannadu (MT) is rotated (Holiday)​

Casual raiders if available will fill in any missing spots :) and will be rotated in sometimes if they have no opportunity to come otherwise.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently we have 9 warriors in the core raid :

4 tanks - Deen (MT), Xannadu(MT), Dawarrior(MT), Browner(OT)
4 OT/Dps - Hakugard, Kataya, Ninefingerz, Xeno
1 DPS - Naz

1 Casual : Snoof (OT/Dps)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The raid currently has 8 spots for warriors (3 for tanks, 2/3 for OT/DPS, 2/3 for DPS)

The rotations I decided upon are based on the info I have such as Holidays and a few others things and reflects only the need to rotate and nothing else. I keep track of them and they are posted here so it should all be fair and square but gotta start somewhere.

- Only rotations one week in advance are certain as per guild rules. The rest is best estimate and I will try to keep them that way, but it might change, with no less than a week notice.
- If you have an issue with a particular rotation or need to be rotated a week after instead for example, please contact me to discuss.
- If you wanna switch your rotation with someone else, first contact them and see if it is possible, then contact me to discuss.

RAID ROTATION Q&A:

- "Why are you rotating me that day instead of someone else"
--> Because I have to make decisions and we gotta start somewhere, but tell me if you have a good reason to change and i'll do my best.

-"It's unfair, I got 1 loot only and that guy is not rotated before 3 weeks and got 3 already"
---> Rotations are not based on loots and luck. I keep track of that and always try to make that everybody get loots whenever possible.

-"Why am I rotated more often than others ?"
---> Either because you are a tank and then that is simple math :), or because you are on holidays. If not one of these two, let's discuss might be a mistake.

-"Can I swap with X instead ?"
---> Did you ask him first ?
" No"
----> Ask first and see if it's possible, then let's discuss :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Xannadu @Dawarrior @Kataya @Gandrial @Naz @Hakugard @Snoof @Browner @Ninefingerz @Xeno

Last edited:

Raffles

Retired Member
Class
Warrior
Always happy to step in if needed but looks like the warrior team is healthy just now.

Deen

Class Leader
Class
Warrior
Update - The OT/Dps family is welcoming a new member : Ninefingerz.

Quick reminder for the OT/Dps monsters, you wanna get to a hit soft cap of at least 5-6% in current content while having at least 360+ defense. this applies to casual raider tanks as well.

Please note the above does not apply for MTs and Core full OTs who have slightly different targets.

Hakugard

Core Raid Member
Class
Warrior
Quick reminder for the OT/Dps monsters, you wanna get to a hit soft cap of at least 5-6% in current content while having at least 360+ defense. this applies to casual raider tanks as well.
I have now got both already.

EDITED for clarity.

Last edited:

Deen

Class Leader
Class
Warrior
I have now got both already!
EDITED : That's my man :) increase defense in priority and hit afterwards / ie: 6% hit with 365 def -> if 375-80def then 7% hit --> if 390-395 def then 8% hit etc... OT/Dps will never tank a 63 elite boss therefore don't require as much hit as MT/OT but do require as much defense as possible :)

Last edited:

Dav

Core Raid Member
Class
Paladin
Are we going to experiement with fury dual wield tanking, now when people are getting more geared? :)

Deen

Class Leader
Class
Warrior
We will :) but not before well into phase 5 unfortunately as it's not really viable before AQ gear comes out and give tanks enough crit to do it in a way that would justify it over a prot spec :).
Also depends on the raid, fury prot only justified if the raid does so much Dmg that threat is hard to keep in a prot spec, and right now it is far from being the case ^^

Naz

Loot Council
Class
Warrior
Hey @Deen just FYI for upcoming rotations: my work christmas party is on Weds 11th December, so I'll have to miss that raid!

Also Sunday 22nd December I've got a christmas event with friends - but no rotations required for that since it's just Ony. Will also post in the absence thread, cheers.

Deen

Class Leader
Class
Warrior
OK, i'll try to rotate you on the 11th then if it's not needed before. don't worry for 22nd, it's Xmas, I most likely not gonna raid myself on christmas week.

@Redh I know right ! holidays :eek:

Last edited:

Deen

Class Leader
Class
Warrior
thread updated +

Casual raiders if available will fill in any missing spots :) and will be rotated in sometimes if they have no opportunity to come otherwise.

As originally stated above, if no opportunity before the end of November,, I will decide on 2 extra rotations to allow Gandrial and Browner to come in a raid to MC in December.
As before, these 2 extra rotations will be counterbalanced later on in the grand scheme of life so please bear with me.

Deen

Class Leader
Class
Warrior
Quick thing. Now most of you got their epic mount, it would be good to start farming the mats for https://classic.wowhead.com/item=12640/lionheart-helm as it is your Bis until the end of Time, particularly DPS warriors ;)

I am sure @Naz and @Nouska can help you out on the best way to get some mats and other people in the guild, but it would be good to start focussing on it as it is a massive piece of gear :)

Deen

Class Leader
Class
Warrior
Warriors,

Please have a look at the original thread post where I updated the rotations onwards until the end of December, Due to Goatsie leaving and a few changes.

- We welcome Browner as a core raid member and OT to replace Goatsie. Congrats!
- Next week on the 20th nov, I took Goatsie's rotation in order to not disavantage any of you.
- I will not be there for the 25th of December/1st of Janurary raid. Some of you might not be either so we will see who is there in the end. Meaning also that the 18th rotation might change.

- Don't forget to update your gear pages (Tanks to include their FR buffed and unbuffed, look at my or xannadu's gear page on the way to do it)
- As usual, loots are counted so in the end, everybody will get their share so do no worry about it if you did not get as many as others yet, it means you are way high in the prio list. rewarding equally 10 warriors takes time given the number of loots we get ^^

Cheers ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Xannadu @Dawarrior @Kataya @Gandrial @Naz @Hakugard @Snoof @Shibbz @Browner @Ninefingerz

Last edited: