Molten Core - Wednesday 16th October

Rcarmine

Core Raid Member
Class
Druid
You guys are both right, they are a bit of a hassle.
Though in my opinion the two situations where world buffs really shine are to kill a tricky boss (not us atm) and to improve efficiency on a 1-shot clear like we are right now for MC/Ony.

I agree that it isn't strictly necessary, but improving our MC clear times and getting into good habits for later raids is probably the best use we can make of Phase 1 as it is right now. Just keep it in mind at least 😁

If anyone wants to come with DM buffs themselves of their own volition though, you'll be helping the raid immensely!
going throught he hassle of wasting time on getting these world buffs to improve "efficiency" on 1-shot kill bosses that we would 1-shot without them anyway is the opposite of efficient imo.

Being super close to a kill on a progression encounter (something non-existent in classic atm) is the only situation where world buffs would make any sense.

Nouska

Raid Leader
Class
Mage
@Rcarmine I disagree there, its not about boss kills. If you have a raid on farm and people aren't dying at all anymore, the buffs make a LOT of sense as it speeds up the raid a lot. In my old guild it was quite standard to always have em for farm raids, but if you didn't have the 10 mins available to go get them at DM that was fine too. Now going Songflower etc. was usually saved for the real close progression fights.

We ran BWL / MC and usually the 2 hour buffs would run out as we cleared towards/pulled Rag. The way this worked:

- DM buff were picked up at any time before the raid
- Darkmoon buff if available
- Log till raid time in SW
- Logon for Only buff
- Rush to Zandalar Island through Westfall (no chance of Horde trap) for Hakar buff and an extra zanza pot
- Port to IF and go BWL, then MC, then Ony.

From login to Ony down would be about 2 1/2 hours, which is not possible without the world buffs.

Lilithoaken

Core Raid Member
Class
Warlock
Sorry guys, being a pain, I understand you guys don't want people to be late and I wouldn't otherwise but I have a personal appointment to attend this Wednesday 6:30-7:30pm, so I will be home around 7:50ish which means I will be late.

Please don't wait for me or I can sit out on this raid if it is too much a trouble.
My apologies in advance.

Edit:

Just noticed that Warlocks are rotated on the further raids, I am not on the list for the 23rd Oct raid.
Maybe these two dates can be switched, if I sit out on this coming Wednesday 16th Oct's raid and attend 23rd Oct's raid instead, and you guys can have @Daz instead this week, this will solve my appointment issue.

just a thought.

@Zandramas

Last edited:

Xannadu

Core Raid Member
Class
Warrior
Best of luck to you all this week. Let's get RAG on farm! Catch you all the weekend.

Redh

Guild Leader
Class
Paladin
I would like to be available as a reserve for this please! :)
Just noticed that Warlocks are rotated on the further raids, I am not on the list for the 23rd Oct raid.
Maybe these two dates can be switched, if I sit out on this coming Wednesday 16th Oct's raid and attend 23rd Oct's raid instead, and you guys can have @Daz instead this week, this will solve my appointment issue.
Seems logical to me :)

Zandramas

Class Leader
Class
Warlock
Updated both schedules: @Daz is in for this one. As Viking posted that he will be away on the 23rd, I've included @Lilithoaken in there anyway. Up to @Zandramas to check the three schedules and see if he's happy with this as @Vikingstad is now sitting out on 2 raids in a row.
I'll review the schedules tonight, happy with the switch tonight makes sense. Don't want Viking sitting out two weeks in a row so I'll switch round and comm to the locks

Lilithoaken

Core Raid Member
Class
Warlock
I'll review the schedules tonight, happy with the switch tonight makes sense. Don't want Viking sitting out two weeks in a row so I'll switch round and comm to the locks
@Zandramas , If it makes your leadership easier, I can volunteer to switching out on the 30th Oct and let @Vikingstad attend instead, :D

Zandramas

Class Leader
Class
Warlock
Updated both schedules: @Daz is in for this one. As Viking posted that he will be away on the 23rd, I've included @Lilithoaken in there anyway. Up to @Zandramas to check the three schedules and see if he's happy with this as @Vikingstad is now sitting out on 2 raids in a row.
Hi Nouska,

Could you please rotate @Daz out for the 30th and place @Vikingstad in, as Daz has come in tomorrow additional. We will then continue to rotate going into November.

Redh

Guild Leader
Class
Paladin
Everyone - expect at least an hour's queue for tonight, if not more. Please make sure you are logged in and ready for invites by 19:15 UK time. We will be starting on time!

Shadowthrone

Retired Member
Class
Priest
@Nouska @Redh @Seriahmaius i can’t make tonight’s raid. Hopefully this is enough time to replace me. Please accept my apologies and good luck. Well it will be an easy 1 shot every boss again I suspect

• Love
Reactions: Dav

Nillé

Core Raid Member
Class
Hunter
Stuck at work. Might be late :/

Edit: I'll make it.

Last edited: