Molten Core - Wednesday 16th October

Nouska

Raid Leader
Class
Mage
Hello all,

Your class leaders have filled out, or are close to filling out, the rotation rosters for the rest of October. We are tweaking those list to adapt to the circumstances (such as the amount of spots per class we'll be taking as we are closing in on the ideal Core Raid Members per class). I will be putting up the rosters for the rest of the month today as well, but please find the roster for Wednesday below. If for some reason you won't be able to make it, please post a reply in this thread and we'll accommodate. Invites start at 19:15 UK / 20:15 Server Time and we will meet in Stormwind. Route to MC will be determined based on Horde activity.

Group 1Group 2Group 3Group 4Group 5Group 6Group 7Group 8
Deen - MTKataya - OT/DPSSnoofNazTimoInev - RL (douse)DiaPrawni (douse)
Goatsie - OT1BloodarrowsHakugard - OT/DPSVorstokZandramas (CoE)BepackGrizzzRepike - WC (douse)
Dawarrior - OT2Shimyy (douse)RavenbladeNilleDaz (CoR)NeobrijaniMaitai (douse)Aneurysm
Vikingstad (douse)AylaNorrall (douse)NinefingerzZed (CoS)CaellinNouska - RL (douse)Dav (BoW)
Redh - Imp Dev (BoK) (douse)Rcarmine - FDPSNeme (douse)Wonderboy - DPS (BoM)Seriahmaius (douse)Swatte (BoS)Laserfun (BoL)Silentsnell

I won't be putting up a debuff slot list for this raid, but of course the usual applies: no personal dots, bleeds, poisons other than the ones that are mandatory as part of your rotation. Warlocks are the only exception as we have room for 3 Corruptions for now. Mandatory Consumables are:

- 5x Fire Protection Potion (Greater preferred, normal fine for now. You need to be able to pot when asked by RL).
- 40x Heavy Runecloth Bandage
- 3x Limited Invulnerability Potion for all DPS (Used as temporary Threat Reset)
- 10x Elixir of Fortitude (as we will be dying a lot less now that we're starting to be familiar with the fights, we'll be paying closer attention to this buff being up on everyone)
- 20x Gift of Arthas for 1 tank (can be spread over 2 people)

Everyone that can douse, please bring an essence! As we don't want to end up short, I've posted the people that I know can douse in the schedule to make sure we have the minimum we need. if you have one, please post below as well and we'll start rotating these until the eternal one is released in game. Eventually you'll only have to go get one once per month-ish.

Personal consumables that increase your effectiveness are welcomed and appreciated!

@Wonderboy: Please be ready to turn in the Head Quest in Stormwind from 20:15 on forward. Whether or not we will get the buff, you can turn in before the raid.

If you are not in the roster but available for raiding, please be online at invite time as you will have a chance of joining to replace no-shows.

@Lasergun and @Zandramas: I've made an assumption about curse and blessing assignments, please let me know if this needs to be changed.

Last edited:

Prawni

Core Raid Member
Class
Mage
Could we please clarify the raid start time and what that means? Cause waiting for stragglers and actually starting to kill stuff 30-40min after the raid is supposed to start gets old fast.
I understand that there is more going on behind the scenes, with setting up groups and stuff. This is more aimed at people who show up late.
In my opinion everyone should be present and ready to go ten minutes before invites just to ensure a smooth start. And with our raid times being later than usual i don't think that is too much to ask.
We should also cut down the waiting for people, If you're not logged in or not in IF, you're on your own.

This is not intended to sound aggressive or whiny. I just want us to be more time effective!

Also, i can douse.

Redh

Guild Leader
Class
Paladin
I agree Prawni - the problem last night was we had to switch from two raid groups to one, so it took some time to decide and organise that.

Sundays are a real problem with the queues though, everyone needs to be better prepared to deal with it. We knew last week, and everyone should have known last night. There are really no excuses for next week!

Prawni

Core Raid Member
Class
Mage
I agree Prawni - the problem last night was we had to switch from two raid groups to one, so it took some time to decide and organise that.

Sundays are a real problem with the queues though, everyone needs to be better prepared to deal with it. We knew last week, and everyone should have known last night. There are really no excuses for next week!
I have no problem with management needing time to adjust to things.
I mainly want people to show up on time so we're not 35 people waiting around for stragglers. Setting up a remote desktop and keeping an eye on discord to see how the queues are is NOT too much to ask.

Nouska

Raid Leader
Class
Mage
@Prawni: I couldn't agree more. Invites start (at the latest) 15 mins before the planned 1st pull. Last Wednesday wasn't too bad at all, other than some delay by horde. We have not (and we will not) wait around for stragglers unless we have no choice.

Redh

Guild Leader
Class
Paladin
So can I expect to be sitting out indefinitely now, as long as the other 4 paladins are available?
No, we rotate. Rosters will go up soon for the rest of October, and I believe it's my turn to be rotated out on the 23rd. All this has been explained - do pay attention :p

Obviously the raiding is fresh for everyone now, and I expect that everyone who is able wants to raid every week. This means that as more members reach the requirements for raiding, we will have to rotate Core Raiders out from the raid on some weeks. Organising enough members for a full 40-man guild raid is obviously a challenge, and we have always been open about recruiting more than 40 members to our Core Raid group to ensure we have longevity in case some members drop out, and also to cover holidays, sickness and unavoidable no-shows.

We currently have 53 members in our Core Raid group. and are looking to bring in another 3 or 4 members to complete the roster. This means that each week between 13-17 members will not be able to raid with us if we go for a full raid group, which we will do for the short term. We also have an additional 6 members in the Casual Raid group who will want to be included.

While there is only the one raid available in the game, this is a lot of sitting out. However that will not be the case when additional raids are released and we are having to raid on multiple nights. One obvious and very manageable solution if everyone wants to raid now is, where the content and our gear allows, to take less than a full raid group (especially for MC and Onyxia) and create TWO guild raid groups so that everyone can be included each week. So when we get to that stage, if that's what works for everyone, then we will do it. So please don't worry about the long term for getting raid spots - we are in a healthy position, and we have options!

Naz

Loot Council
Class
Warrior
@Prawni: I couldn't agree more. Invites start (at the latest) 15 mins before the planned 1st pull. Last Wednesday wasn't too bad at all, other than some delay by horde. We have not (and we will not) wait around for stragglers unless we have no choice.
Any plans to get Dire Maul world buffs at/before raid time from Weds? @Redh @Inev

For anyone unaware of how this works, I will summarise:
  1. 5 people in the raid group (including 1 Mage) clear DM:N Tribute Run, leaving all the 'Guard' bosses alive.
  2. They talk to the guy by the last boss to become friendly to Ogres, talk to the Guard bosses 1 by 1 to receive their buffs - then get a portal to IF by the Mage (we should try to keep a Mage inside at all times).
  3. Everyone else in the raid waiting outside the instance (probably getting ganked) goes into DM:N in drips as people get ported out and spots free up, and repeats step 2 themselves.

Struckd

Social Member
Class
Mage
Any plans to get Dire Maul world buffs at/before raid time from Weds? @Redh @Inev

For anyone unaware of how this works, I will summarise:
  1. 5 people in the raid group (including 1 Mage) clear DM:N Tribute Run, leaving all the 'Guard' bosses alive.
  2. They talk to the guy by the last boss to become friendly to Ogres, talk to the Guard bosses 1 by 1 to receive their buffs - then get a portal to IF by the Mage (we should try to keep a Mage inside at all times).
  3. Everyone else in the raid waiting outside the instance (probably getting ganked) goes into DM:N in drips as people get ported out and spots free up, and repeats step 2 themselves.
The buffs are handy and are great for progression raids, but unless you are struggling they are otherwise not needed and are just a hassle to get.
Since you have cleared MC once, they aren't necessary. Would be good to do if members are looking to maximise dps! They last 2 hours if I recall.

Repike

Core Raid Member
Class
Mage
Feels like a lot of pain for clearing a place we've been 1-shotting within the scheduled raid-time, not to forget the likeliness of a couple horde engineers blowing us up before we get a chance to enter the raid.

Daz

Retired Member
Class
Warlock
I would like to be available as a reserve for this please! :)

Will catch up in-game later to get info on how to put myself forward formally for raids.

Nouska

Raid Leader
Class
Mage
I wasn't gonna put Dire Maul buffs in the raid schedule post (thought about it, but yeah!) but obviously everyone who wants to get tribute buffs before raid is more than welcome to do so. I'll try to have the raid up early so you can join and log in Stormwind with the buffs.

Naz

Loot Council
Class
Warrior
The buffs are handy and are great for progression raids, but unless you are struggling they are otherwise not needed and are just a hassle to get.
Since you have cleared MC once, they aren't necessary.
Feels like a lot of pain for clearing a place we've been 1-shotting within the scheduled raid-time
You guys are both right, they are a bit of a hassle.
Though in my opinion the two situations where world buffs really shine are to kill a tricky boss (not us atm) and to improve efficiency on a 1-shot clear like we are right now for MC/Ony.

I agree that it isn't strictly necessary, but improving our MC clear times and getting into good habits for later raids is probably the best use we can make of Phase 1 as it is right now. Just keep it in mind at least 😁

If anyone wants to come with DM buffs themselves of their own volition though, you'll be helping the raid immensely!