Paladin
QUICK PROFILE

Character name: Lowjoe
Character level: 60
Nationality: Danish
Are you 18+ years of age?: Yes
Discord tag ID (i.e. jimbob#1337): Lowjoe (Red Jesus)#7971

QUESTIONS

1. What is your primary motivation for applying to Cyrus for WoW Classic?
Since returning to World of Warcraft I have been searching for a smaller guild with an active, close-knit community, where players know and help each. I played WoW in vanilla and so without the social aspect, it is just repetition. In the end, we are all playing to have fun and to me that means working towards a common goal that you cannot reach by playing as an individual. I like the idea of a guild in which players first and foremost cooperate for the sake of reaching the goals of the guild and not the person, because in the end when the guild makes progress so does its players. I read your guild history and like the idea of a community that transcends the game itself and has lasted through several different MMO’s and many years. It is a community like that I am searching for​

2. In which order would you prioritise the following within a guild, and why: PvE Raid Progression, Organised PvP, Active and Social Community.
The community and social aspect of the game will always come first for me because it has a direct impact on my performance and enjoyment of the game. I am playing with PvE raid progression as my main goal in WoW but I cannot achieve that without having fun and being a part of a great community. I see organized PvP as a fun way of spending some off-time with friends but I have no specific PvP goals for WoW Classic​

3. Which role(s) best describes where you would fit in with us?
Raider, Casual Raider, PvPer, Social Member​

4. Please select the days / times that you are able to commit to on a very regular basis
Monday: 19:20 - 00:00, Tuesday: 19:20 - 00:00, Wednesday: 19:20 - 00:00, Thursday: 19:20 - 00:00​

5. Which main class are you playing?
Paladin​

6. Which group role do you prefer to play?
Healer​

7. Which character race have you chosen, and why?
Dwarf, because why the hell wouldn’t you pick a dwarf. Also goat mount.​

8. Which professions have you trained, and what level are they?
Herbalism (300) and alchemy (285)​

9. Tell us one of your favourite memories from a previous guild experience.
In TBC times I raided casually. During one night in Karazhan the shit hit the fan over some loot drama because the guild leadership basically decided to overrule the DKP system to accommodate one specific player (who was very new in the guild and had not merited it). Another player and myself spoke out and were basically iced for it. However, it led him and me to talk and establish a friendship that has lasted for over 10 years now. We came back to Classic and are playing together again on Shazzrah. I guess some good stuff comes from guild drama after all.​

10. You may be invited to our Discord for a short chat to discuss your application. Are you happy to do this?
Yes​

11. Is there anything else you would like us to know about you?
I am currently working for the foreign service and is stationed in East Asia so my active gaming hours are a bit weird at the moment. I will however return home for good in 2 weeks, so I’ll be back to normal hours then. I will be working and writing my thesis during the spring so I will be active in the evenings mostly. I enjoy playing WoW and other games to relax but I am by no means a min/maxer nor do I aspire to complete every rep grind out there. I am however committed to putting in the hours required to raiding. Outside of WoW, I like to fish, lift weights and recently picked up on MTG (in which I get my ass handed to me on a regular basis).​

Lasergun

Class Leader
Class
Paladin
Hey man!
Thanks for your application :)
Where did you find us?

Was Paladin always your main class?
How do you like WoW Classic so far?
Why didnt you put in Sunday as Raid Day?
We are currently at the state where we are doin One Raid Night because MC and ONY is so easy.
Since BWL is comin out shortly, we might have 3 Raid Night for the progress.
I dont believe we need this many days but just as a backup day one more is always good to have.
So the question is can you also attempt on Sundays?

Sorry for all the questions tho :)..

BTW its not a Goat its a Ram :p

Again thank you for your App :p

Cheers Laser

Lowjoe

Core Raid Member
Class
Paladin
Hey man!
Thanks for your application :)
Where did you find us?

We are currently at the state where we are doin One Raid Night because MC and ONY is so easy.
Since BWL is comin out shortly, we might have 3 Raid Night for the progress.
I dont believe we need this many days but just as a backup day one more is always good to have.
So the question is can you also attempt on Sundays?

Sorry for all the questions tho :)..

BTW its not a Goat its a Ram :p

Again thank you for your App :p

Cheers Laser
Where did you find us?
I saw your ad in the Shazzrah Herald (world chat) :)

Joe is actually my first paladin. I've healed as priest and shaman before and dabbled a bit in the dark arts of a warlock but I felt like I had to try something new for classic.

Loving the nostalgia kick but taking it a bit more slow than most I guess. I've played a lot with friends and just reached 60 this weekend. I loved revisiting the questlines and the dungeons (not WC and Gnomer lol). Now I am excited for the endgame content. The horde FP camping can fuck the hell off though.

My SO is a doctor and will only be home during weekends in spring, so I am reluctant to commit to weekend nights as I would like to spend them with her tbh. Sunday nights might be ok but I really cant say right now. Regarding BWL, Joe is not quite geared for it yet. More than happy to support guild otherwise through mat farming etc. though

Redh

Guild Leader
Class
Paladin
Welcome Lowjoe, and thanks for posting your application!

This was a nice read, thanks for putting the effort in. We are lucky to have a really nice Paladin core group, and I think you would fit in very well based on what you have written. As you've just hit 60 recently you would have some catching up to do with your pre-bis gear, however we can help with that and you can certainly raid Molten Core and Onyxia. There isn't a great deal of Paladin gear there, but it's a good boost none-the-less and will get you used to our raid team.

The only real issue might be the scheduling depending on your availability for Sunday evenings. At the moment we run MC and Ony on Wednesdays, however this will change when BWL is released, and these raids will be moved to Sunday evenings, giving us Wednesday and Thursday for BWL progression. So until you get a few MC drops, Sunday evenings would be extremely useful for you.

Regardless, we would like to have a quick chat with you on Discord this evening if you are available - we can answer any questions you may have, and also check on whether we are the best fit for you too. I will contact you this evening either ingame or via Discord to see if you are available :)

Many thanks!

Dav

Retired Member
Class
Paladin
Hej Joe

Nice application, and thank you for applying.
The Paladin officers seem to like you already, so I'll leave them to the vetting :)

It would be nice, with a fellow dane in the ranks - we are too few!
Where do you live, and play MTG if I may ask? I've played a tiny bit at Faraos Cigarer in Copenhagen and plan to do some sealed with the release of Theros this week (the set looks awesome!). Maybe some day, if you join our ranks - we would meet face to face on the sealed or standard battlefield :D

Swatte

Core Raid Member
Class
Paladin
Bless me, is this actually an application from a paladin!

Great to read the application, best of luck!

ZED

Core Raid Member
Class
Warlock
Also from me -"one of the dark arts players", wishes you Luck on Your application. it's a good read so I'm sure you have a good chance. all the best mate.

Inev

Raid Leader
Class
Druid
hay man i was looking for another paladin ;) , good application
what are your raid atunnments like MC/ONY/BWL?
also keep in mind Sunday is 1 of out big raid night

Redh

Guild Leader
Class
Paladin
Hi again @Lowjoe,

Sorry I missed you this evening - I have added you as a friend on Discord, and we will catch up when we are both around. Look forward to it! :)

Lowjoe

Core Raid Member
Class
Paladin
Hej Joe

Nice application, and thank you for applying.
The Paladin officers seem to like you already, so I'll leave them to the vetting :)

It would be nice, with a fellow dane in the ranks - we are too few!
Where do you live, and play MTG if I may ask? I've played a tiny bit at Faraos Cigarer in Copenhagen and plan to do some sealed with the release of Theros this week (the set looks awesome!). Maybe some day, if you join our ranks - we would meet face to face on the sealed or standard battlefield :D
Thanks mate :) I live in Copenhagen but I've only played with friends at home. I've looked into the FNM at Faraos but I think I need a bit more experience playing (and probably a solid investment in an acceptable deck haha). I'm always up for some causal play tho.

hay man i was looking for another paladin ;) , good application
what are your raid atunnments like MC/ONY/BWL?
also keep in mind Sunday is 1 of out big raid night
Thank you. I am attuned to all, so ready to get toasted :) I understand the problem with sunday. To be fair, I'm not even sure that I wont be able to commit to it, but as of right now I really can't know for sure, so I'd just rather be honest about it.

Redh

Guild Leader
Class
Paladin
Hi again Lowjoe, and thanks for coming on Discord to talk with us!

It was a pleasure to meet you, and something I didn't mention is that I am particularly fussy when it comes to Paladins, as that's the class that I play too. But you seem like a really nice guy, have the right attitude and are looking for the same things we are trying to achieve here. So I am very happy to welcome you to Cyrus, and I hope you'll have a long and happy stay here!

We will get you in the raid tomorrow evening - one of us will make space for you. It will be good for you to meet everyone and hopefully get some gear!

Dawarrior

Core Raid Member
Class
Warrior
Congratulations and welcome to Cyrus mate 🙂 look forward to meeting you in game!