Life is Feudal MMO

Xetro

Guild Member
Class
Support
Thread starter #1
Is there those of you that have played LiF or looked at this game before?

https://lifeisfeudal.com/

This is a true sandbox game

- Terraforming , one has to flatten the surrondings to place buildings, make moats around your settlement or anything you desire.

- Build your settlement/town from a varity of buildings. ( https://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Construction#Lvl_0 )

- Hunt, Mine, raise animals, create all tools and weapons ingame

I got 4 chars that I will transfer to the server Iriy in LiF, if i remember correct one can join for free on the starter island. There is skill cap here, think it is 60 for a skill. After this one needs to buy an Abela ticket and join one of the servers.

If anyone want to try and start a settlement, then make allies and enemies and then do some warfare. Then join me on Iriy in LiF. :)

Caellin

Guild Member
I have played some Life is Feudal: Your Own. I remember it being incredibly slow placed. More like a medieval simulator than your regular MMO.
I'm also seing mixed reviews on Steam. What are your thoughts? Is this something you can jump in on and have fun or is it more slow, but steady progression?

Xetro

Guild Member
Class
Support
Thread starter #3
@Caellin Indeed its fun, and its all a steady progression.

I stopped playing in February, and this week I have transferred over 4 of my 5 chars to this server and they keep all their skill progression when transferred who is a bonus.

I'm not going to sugar coat this game, it is a fully full loot sandbox game. However with the unique teraforming it bring to you that have dirt you dig into and move will show in-game. The impact of your actions are surly unique.

So I am at this point right now:

- I have prospected an area who have Iron ore and Silver Ore in a radius of 16 tiles ingame and clay and water close by.
- I will probally place a small privat claim, until 10 people joins ingame. Its then one can place a monument and claim a much larger area that will grow over time.
- Then one will need to get resources, start hunting, tame animals, start basic farming, make a small settlement layout :) , build buildings, plant trees, make armour, tools, weapons, carts and all other things one want. :)

There is also slaves ingame now, I have not tested feature as it was not there when I played last time.

So if people want a challenge and see how one progress as a group this is the game to play. :)

Xetro

Guild Member
Class
Support
Thread starter #4
Skaaney.JPG

We are scouting this area for ore and silver and will place the monument for the settlement this weekend.

Remus_

Guild Member
Patron
Class
Crafter
I played LiF: Your Own briefly about a year and a half ago (Feb 2017) and I recall it to be enjoyable enough with the group of people I played with as long as we were able to keep setting goals for ourselves and play regularly together. In fact, I think I had still been wanting to play when everyone else had burned out or just hadn't come online for a while.

My impression of the game based on that experience, for anyone interested, was that it easily falls under the category of 'hardcore'. Leveling up anything becomes very slow even into the early-mid levels, and requires lots of repetitive actions to max, but that's as it should be, I think. The grindiness and the fact that there's the potential to lose pretty much everything you own due to being raided are probably the main two quitting points.

Now, we didn't get very far when we played, but the slow pace of the game is such that Xetro is absolutely correct about feeling accomplished once you've achieved any milestone. "We built that house." "We flattened all of that land." "All of the resources needed were gathered by us and us alone." I quite enjoyed the fact that there was more than just a fleeting sense of satisfaction to it; contrast that with the attention-deficit inducing reward systems of many modern games and you'll find its quite appreciable.

Pretty much everything has a quality level assigned to it. A lot of time is spent finding and recording the exact location (to the exact tile in many cases) of the highest quality soil, the highest quality gravel, the highest quality trees, and so on. Quality is carried over (and averaged) all the way from raw materials through to finished products, while also capped by skill level. There's a real sense of frontiersmanship about finding all the best spots in order to establish your base. However, it can be rather tedious keeping track of each tile's value until you've found the best ones.

When I played I barely touched on combat, (the closest thing was either running from a bear or brawling bare-handed with one of the other guys to raise skill) but from what I had heard back then it was rather clunky. I don't know if they've improved it at all since then. Perhaps @Xetro could shed some light on that.

I would very much like to play with whoever decides to pick this up, both because I generally enjoy this kind of game, and also because I think the more people we have less intolerable the slow aspects of the game will become, for most people.

Xetro

Guild Member
Class
Support
Thread starter #7
Biggest issue right now is the player base, so if you want lots of combat it will not happen.

When it comes to combat, its a bit better, the flow of the combos are nice, you can attack with one hand weapons from horse, and spear and lance fighting works decent. However people also have to understand that if you put on a heavy set of fullscale armour one wil get tired faster then running around with a leather based armour. :)

I joined up with a few LiF mates from 1 year ago, our goal is simple. We like to create, to build, and to hunt. :p

We have started a small settlement, and with the free transfer from our previous server, we have characters with nice skill set, and this helps the new one that just starts.

So if one likes building, teraforming, hunting, farming, mining, smithing, horsebreeding, brewing, alchemy and more skills that I dont remember right now. :p Then I believe LiF will fill some of that empty urge you have when you can get fulfilled in other building games.

Xetro

Guild Member
Class
Support
Thread starter #8
So here we are so far on Iriy :

- 4-5 players (Some of us have multiple accounts)
- Placed the monument, land is being claimed as it grows
- We are teraforming some of the land around the monument flat. So that we can place some walls around for basic protection.
- We have Iron ore on the claim, so we are melting, and hammering out nails for construction. :)
- Out first Chicken coop has been made. :)
- Fishing, farming, forestry, cooking, collecting herbs and much more.

So right now there is allot to do, but things are getting into place with a steady progression. Not to fast, but not snail like either.

Important is to understand that this game is abit hard, there is few players around, however if you like building games and to create, this will be a game you would like.

Xetro

Guild Member
Class
Support
Thread starter #9
Remus and Caellin found their way down to the settlement.

Update:

- Warehouse (soon 2 of them) are now up
- Inner walls with gates are up (it looks asume)
- Stables are breeding horse (horses for everyone)
- 5 man house is up (We will probally build 2x 12 man houses)
- Trade House is being build

And now to the best NEWS, a new update will introduce some long awaited features in https://lifeisfeudal.com/Update-0.2.0/

- PVE content, yes finally one can go and hunt and loot for PvE. :)
- New Map, this one will be about 3 times as large as the current one.
- New skill progression
- Territory claim and taxes
- Buy orders in trade house

and more..........

So this is were it gets interested, in the new map all will have to build from scratch. However, one will be able to transfer (for free) their characters. What is under discussion is if the character will have their skill progress reset or if it will be intact when moved to the NEW bigger map.

So if people want to learn the game, skill up in the await for the new Map and update join us at Iriy and choose your path. :)

Xetro

Guild Member
Class
Support
Thread starter #11
Looks interesting. I might look into and join when a new map is available.
Just have in mind that one can start now, learn the game, skill up and then transfer that char to the new map.

This will give you an advantage, even if by some strange way a char will be reset (however if this happens they will loose allof of old player, big discussion about this) one will have the experience on how to play and progress. :)

Xetro

Guild Member
Class
Support
Thread starter #13
Did a new small clip yesterday ingame

This Hunter and his Procuration talents are at full now, all needed buildings have been created.

This small clip shows of some of the daily things a Hunter does.

Includes:
- Feeding Animals
- Cleaning out Dung (This is by farmers to increase fertile soil quality)
- Drying leather/fur
- Processing Leather to finish product

Last edited: