Rogue
QUICK PROFILE

Character name: Goby
Character level: 60
Nationality: Sweden
Are you 18+ years of age?: Yes
Discord tag ID (i.e. jimbob#1337): Coffi#6769

QUESTIONS

1. What is your primary motivation for applying to Cyrus for WoW Classic?
I admire the dedication, having a website, all the history etc. It brings me back to the old days :)

2. In which order would you prioritise the following within a guild, and why: PvE Raid Progression, Organised PvP, Active and Social Community.
For me, i'd prioritise it as follows:
Active & Social Community
Organised PvP
PvE Raid prog

Back in retail vanilla I was a hardcore raider, in a guild called State of the Art@Stormscale/Talnivarr.
Since I was younger and didn't have a job, gf etc I had the time to fully commit to it.

This time around, life is a bit different.
That's why i'm going to focus on "playing for fun", wich means i'm playing a few hrs every now and then, mostly PvP, but also helping friends, hanging around on discord etc.​

3. Which role(s) best describes where you would fit in with us?
Casual Raider, PvPer, Social Member​

4. Please select the days / times that you are able to commit to on a very regular basis
Friday: 19:20 - 00:00, Sunday: 19:20 - 00:00​

5. Which main class are you playing?
Rogue​

6. Which group role do you prefer to play?
DPS​

7. Which character race have you chosen, and why?
Gnome, because escape artist.​

8. Which professions have you trained, and what level are they?
300 Mining
300 Gnomish Engineere​

9. Tell us one of your favourite memories from a previous guild experience.
Oh... so many.. here's a few atleast:

Bugged LBRS for some reason, spawned 3x of every entity(including bosses).

Wiping on 1% on ragnaros several times before getting him down.

Getting the phonecall that a worldboss had spawned.

First time we killed C'thun.(epic battle)

The time i went farming timbermaw rep in northern felwood, a 1v1 duel eventually escalated to a 30+vs30+ guildwar.​

10. You may be invited to our Discord for a short chat to discuss your application. Are you happy to do this?
Yes​

11. Is there anything else you would like us to know about you?
I don't know really..
I'm 30, live in Sweden with my gf and cat.
Work within IT/Networking and mostly play games or watch tv/movies on my sparetime :)

Thanks!​

Dawarrior

Core Raid Member
Class
Warrior
Welcome to the forums Goby and best of luck with your application 😊

Goby

Casual Raid Member
Class
Rogue
Welcome and Good luck :)
Thank you :)

Also, talking about myself(CV's etc) is pretty much what i hate the most. I find it hard to describe how I am as a person since i feel that it's something that is up to the other person to decide.

Someone once said(perhaps from a 9gag post) that
"You are not one person, you are a different person to everyone you've had an encounter with."

So feel free to ask if you guys have any questions :)

Redh

Guild Leader
Class
Paladin
Welcome Goby, and thanks for posting your application! Thanks for your comments on the website / work we put into it - we are an old-school guild at heart, so it's nice to find people who still appreciate it!

Reading your application, it seems as though you would be a good fit as a Casual Raider. Your availability is a little limited, but with Blackwing Lair coming out in two weeks we will be moving our Molten Core / Onyxia raid night to Sundays, which would suit you very well if you ever wanted to raid a little.

As with anything in life, you usually get out of things what you put into them (unless you are @Dia, and get an Edgemaster's Handguards drop after farming for 5 minutes). So as a non-core raider, it will really be up to you how much you want to fit in with the guild and get to know everyone. We are all very social and have a good community on Discord, and we encourage all members to join in and become involved.

I will contact you either this evening or later depending on when you are online and invite you to our Discord for a quick chat, and we'll be able to answer any questions you may have and make sure that we are a good fit. See you later! :)

Goby

Casual Raid Member
Class
Rogue
Welcome Goby, and thanks for posting your application! Thanks for your comments on the website / work we put into it - we are an old-school guild at heart, so it's nice to find people who still appreciate it!

Reading your application, it seems as though you would be a good fit as a Casual Raider. Your availability is a little limited, but with Blackwing Lair coming out in two weeks we will be moving our Molten Core / Onyxia raid night to Sundays, which would suit you very well if you ever wanted to raid a little.

As with anything in life, you usually get out of things what you put into them (unless you are @Dia, and get an Edgemaster's Handguards drop after farming for 5 minutes). So as a non-core raider, it will really be up to you how much you want to fit in with the guild and get to know everyone. We are all very social and have a good community on Discord, and we encourage all members to join in and become involved.

I will contact you either this evening or later depending on when you are online and invite you to our Discord for a quick chat, and we'll be able to answer any questions you may have and make sure that we are a good fit. See you later! :)
Thank you for your response!

Regarding the availability i ticked those times wich i'm mostly online at.
I prob don't have any problems with any other day either, aslong as it is once a week.
Being unavaible to my boss(gf) twice a week or more, could be more of a hassle :)

I am online pretty much every day, it's just the "cant leave the computer for X hours" that becomes a problem, hence not applying for a raiding position.

And for our chat, I will be avaible tonight.
Fyi, the longer you wait the drunker i get tho :)
I'm already on your discord server, so if im not ingame you can pm me there @Coffi

Dia

Guild Officer
Class
Mage
Thanks for your application, Goby. Love the name! So fitting for a Gnome...

As with anything in life, you usually get out of things what you put into them (unless you are @Dia, and get an Edgemaster's Handguards drop after farming for 5 minutes).
Excuse me...but it was definitely at least 10 minutes I was there for...It was hard work.

Goby

Casual Raid Member
Class
Rogue
Thanks for your application, Goby. Love the name! So fitting for a Gnome...

Excuse me...but it was definitely at least 10 minutes I was there for...It was hard work.
And here I am, farming Rich Thorium Veins.. about 60-70+ veins in and 0 arcane crystals, best GPM ever!

• Sad
Reactions: Naz

Redh

Guild Leader
Class
Paladin
Hi again Goby (we decided to pronounce it as "Go, be"!), and thanks for coming on Discord for a quick chat!

We are happy to welcome to to our guild, and I look forward to getting you into some raids when you are available! As I mentioned, the 12th February is a good day to keep free if you can for Molten Core, and of course you can sign up for the GDKP raids that @Nouska is organising.

Welcome to Cyrus!

Goby

Casual Raid Member
Class
Rogue
Hi again Goby (we decided to pronounce it as "Go, be"!), and thanks for coming on Discord for a quick chat!

We are happy to welcome to to our guild, and I look forward to getting you into some raids when you are available! As I mentioned, the 12th February is a good day to keep free if you can for Molten Core, and of course you can sign up for the GDKP raids that @Nouska is organising.

Welcome to Cyrus!
Thank you once again! :)

Goby

Casual Raid Member
Class
Rogue
Ty

Last edited:

Xannadu

Core Raid Member
Class
Warrior
Sorry the delayed response - I’m away. Congratulations and welcome to the mad house!