[RIFT] Cyrus vs Tainted PvP

Tonight was supposed to be the first PvP event between Cyrus and Tainted. Tainted are a very strong PvP guild and have been our enemy in a few games now. We knew that if we were to stand any chance against them in an organised fight, we'd need our best players online.

However it seems Cyrus has spent too much time in scripted PvE encounters lately killing dragons, and not enough time working on their PvP teamplay and gear. To say that Cyrus were completely and utterly destroyed would be an understatement.

To our credit, we did call off the event beforehand when we realised we wouldn't have the people we needed online, as well as a general lack of enthusiam and signups to fight against Tainted. However when Tainted asked us to just bring whatever we had anyway, we bravely obliged, knowing the inevitable outcome.

Frankly, I am very pleased with the result. Being a member of Cyrus for some has been a shortcut to easymode and success. Sure, we could have pulled out a second raid tonight (who were fighting Lord Greenscale at the time) and zerged Tainted for the victory, but what kind of PvP guild are you if you have to rely on a zerg to win?

Lazy, poor gear and bad co-ordination would sum up our performance tonight. We got beaten by a far superior guild, and as I said, I am happy about it. Members that were there now know what is required to be successful at PvP in this game, and members who were not there need to be next time, as they missed out on a masterclass performance from Tainted.

With Cyrus struggling to get members to sign up to events, to commit to improving themselves through raid-readiness checks, for not bothering to turn up to scheduled raids, there is no way for us to improve unless we all take stock and decide whether we want the name Cyrus above our heads to mean anything. If some people are happy to be a zerg guild and just raid with whoever turns up on the night, then I would be a poor guild leader to allow this situation to become embedded in our guild culture. We need to weed out anyone who is satisfied with the current state of play, and have a more focused, disciplined and dedicated guild of people willing to do what it takes to play at a higher standard.

Cyrus - a smaller, tighter guild, or Cyrus, a large army full of members who can equally step up and contribute? In a guild where we joke about the lack of democracy, ironically it's ultimately the members themselves who will decide the outcome. I will merely enforce the decision.

Time to step up lads, or time to step out.

Massive respect to Tainted tonight for the way in which they conducted themselves - not one of their members put a foot out of line. Thanks all - lesson learned, and we'll be back...!

Comments

Congrats to Tainted, you totally rolled us.
It was fun and I hope we can do it again with a more favorable outcome for Cyrus ofc.

sorry i didnt make it lads but still on holiday did try to get home early but... couldnt make it on time just logged on and you know how woman are they wanna go everywhere and see everything :/

sorry for letting you guys down :(

It was a very interesting display of power, and I would like to thank Tainted for showing us where we are now. We could hardly dent their raid and it was kind of frustrating to hear that on vent the whole time :p. However, we are still learning, and I am still not P6, so I will blame myself for that :p

I enjoyed the event a lot and this is why I signed up for Cyrus. We shall vanquish our enemies....even if we need some practice before we can dominate our shard :)

Thank you Tainted and thank you Cyrus.

Thorvald

pvp isnt as hard as people think, i mean, 20 people who can focus 1- 2 then 3, then that targets dead. its often who can down 1-2-3 the fastest wins. the thing with pvp is that you must all take pvp roles to be inluential, if your a debuffing rangger with eradicate, you may bew invaluabler to the raid success, but you might get bored....the point is.... winning > loosing, loosing = bopring, so if u wana win u gotta take the rough with the smooth. warriors that dont dps (lingering wound whores), eradicate spammers and aoe healer... thats pvp

oh n ive reported why i cant make it. <3 gl next fight

A guilds quality is determined by every single member in it. Not only your core members but "what you got". There's no excuse. So if you lost with whoever you got, you lost and the enemy guild is better. Better qualified. Because what they got beats what you got. I think i made my point. Either you kick all the lowbies no-pvp'ers and accept them later with an application when they meet the requirements and give them a trial instead of inviting every single person who just whispers you or don't cry about when you lost with those. Face it. You are a zerg guild.

Obvious troll is obvious :rolleyes:

For everyone else, here's a recent video of 20 Cyrus vs 20 Tainted:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VDAoYM9AkU&feature=channel_video_title[/ame]

A guilds quality is determined by every single member in it. Not only your core members but "what you got". There's no excuse. So if you lost with whoever you got, you lost and the enemy guild is better. Better qualified. Because what they got beats what you got. I think i made my point. Either you kick all the lowbies no-pvp'ers and accept them later with an application when they meet the requirements and give them a trial instead of inviting every single person who just whispers you or don't cry about when you lost with those. Face it. You are a zerg guild.
I'm sorry...Who are you again? You must be a member or some kind of loyal follower of our guild and website since you know so much about who we accept and how we run this guild.

You responded to an old old post about our first meeting with Tainted. It was organised 20v20. Tainted being p6 for a while, while maybe 3-4 of our were p6 at that time. We got beaten bad, and since then worked hard to shape up. Now most people hit P6 and a lot are already close to either 7 or 8.

We started focus a lot more on the PvP side of the game, and it's showing. The video Redh posted earlier here shows it. 20v20 and somehow I got 35 kills that game (your gy is nice and close) and only 2 losses on our side.

Calling us a zerg guild is nice, yes we do start moving in numbers. But still mostly in small groups. Defiants have always 20-30 or more people at a PvP rift, while Guardians have to make due with 10-20 mostly. We fight the zerg since day one, and are one of the few that don't run back to PvE the moment we're outnumbered or outclassed.
The fact that you notice us on the battlefield already says enough.

Just to be clear i'm only talking for myself and not behalf of Tainted guild.
You always have an excuse when you lose but when you win you are pro.
Don't get me wrong your core members are truly very skilled. The best pvp guild I've seen on guardian side. My point was those core members doesn't determine your quality, your every members do. So calling them "what we got" is a bit of hedge.

Don't get me wrong your core members are truly very skilled. The best pvp guild I've seen on guardian side. My point was those core members doesn't determine your quality, your every members do. So calling them "what we got" is a bit of hedge.
I fail to see where we "excused" ourselves though. This thread you are replying in, was not in any way a praising one to our members. We NEVER said we are pro, at least no official statement of that kind has been made anywhere in a serious matter, but we ARE happy when we win..Can you blame anyone for that?

If we were so pro we wouldn't place the first encounter with tainted on the main page of Cyrus:
https://www.cyrus-gaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2637

So the victory we made as guild is a massive improvement. In the 1st encounter we couldn't make a dent. Now we can kill the tainted raid.

Everyone always has an excuse why he/she lost. In this thread it was obvious, we lacked skill/gear and a good organisation. You must have seen things improved a lot over the last month(s).
We have PvP members who are quite good, we have PvE members who are quite good. We aren't the best out there, but we try to improve.

Some days we win, some we lose.

Yes there is post where we show that we win, and video's to back it up. But then, why shouldn't we post/show that.

Tainted is a well organised PvP guild, so when we have a nice victory, we feel proud and will show it. Thats because your guild is about the best we can face on this server. So credits to you.

Cyrus has a lot of members, it's just like a big happy family. We don't kick the not so good pvp'ers because we want to be the best. We try to let everyone improve on all parts. Some thrive in PvE and are poor at PvP, and some are just the opposite.

Just live with it, Cyrus is here to stay :D

Cyrus has a lot of members, it's just like a big happy family. We don't kick the not so good pvp'ers because we want to be the best. We try to let everyone improve on all parts. Some thrive in PvE and are poor at PvP, and some are just the opposite.
Makes you zerg guild.

Makes you zerg guild.
Read what you want to read. Fact is still you're on a zerg faction. And Tainted moves normally with more numbers on the battlefield than us.

Anyway, seems you're trolling more and more, and i'll now will stop feeding you. So both of us can spend our time better. Luckily some of your guildies show more respect.

Toggle Sidebar