Guide Console Commands/Variables

Struckd

Casual Raid Member
Class
Mage
There's a couple of console commands I'll be immediately implementing when first logging into the game. I thought I would share them with you all in case anyone else finds them useful. All you need to do is type the follow commands in the chat box and they will trigger. If you want a full list of variables, there's a useful wowpedia list here.

Weather Density
/console WeatherDensity 0-3
  • 0 - very low weather density
  • 1 - low weather density
  • 2 - medium weather density
  • 3 - max weather density
This setting does not require a client restart or UI reload, and is applied instantly. I believe the default setting is 1. I'll be ramping it up to 3, but that could be too much for some.

Glow
/console ffxglow 0-1

The default setting is 1. I linked a reddit thread above so you can see the difference. You can choose in game which one you prefer.

Max Distance
Theres two commands that do the same thing:
/console cameradistancemaxfactor 1-5
/console SetCVar("cameraDistanceMax", 0-50)

I believe the default for the first command is 1 for the first and 25 for the second. I'm maxing these out to get a much wider view of my surroundings.

Name Plates
/run SetCVar("nameplateMaxDistance", 80)

*Note: This no longer works. Nameplate distance is set to 10-15 yards.

Violence
/console violenceLevel 1-5

Blood spurts from your enemies have been reduced and limited by default over the years. The default is now 1. You can manually increase the amount of blood flying around with the above command.

Last edited:

Vikingstad

Quartermaster
Think some of these are coved by addon: "advanced interface settings" . But I'll keep these in mind.

Struckd

Casual Raid Member
Class
Mage
1567344566575.png

One from discord. For copy-ability - /console SET chatClassColorOverride "0"