WoW Classic Duelling Tournament

Honour. Chivalry. Respect. These are just three of the words that will not be used during the Cyrus Duelling Tournament. The Old Code is long forgotten, and in this dank digital day and age all that matters is Ego, Glory and Bragging Rights. Prepare your anuses for some uncomfortable physical contact - there's no room for the #MeToo movement here, this is all about the #MeMe meme brigade, and it's every man, woman and gnome for themselves.

Welcome to the inaugural Cyrus Duelling Tournament. This event will take place on Thursday 5th December starting at 19:15 UK time. You will be sent the location on the day. Whether you are coming as a spectator or as a participant, the price of admission will be 10 gold, which will be used as prize money to be allocated as follows:

1st place - 70%​
2nd place - 20%​
3rd place - 10%​

The tournament will be double-elimination, with a bracket reset in the final if needed. Basically this means that everyone can lose once without getting eliminated from the tournament, with the winners and losers bracket meeting in the final. Duels will be best of 3, except for the final which will be best of 5.

On the night, we will have Repike and Timo main casting, with Rcarmine filling in. Nouska will be the tournament referee, and Redh will be score-keeper.

So make sure you have read and understood the rules (linked above), and SIGN UP to take part! It would also be great if people could record their gameplay so that we can use various footage to try and make a video for our YouTube channel. Please provide raw footage, not low quality streamed footage with logos and stuff plastered all over it.

May the odds be ever in your favour!

Edit: Click here for the results!

duels_fight_club.jpg

I hope we get a good amount of participants. This should be a fun guild activity so even if you normally don’t duel or pvp much in general give it a shot

(also why does my picture look like a scuffed wolverine)

Okay, okay...I'll do it. Even though, I will probably be the first one out. I love that screenshot, by the way!

Against a priest, it's an IWIN button, much the same for a Rogue to get an opener, I should for the most part never have a chance in hell against either ^^

Now, if I only knew how to play. Oh well, we'll try to make something up on the fly. It'll be good practice regardless

Against a priest, it's an IWIN button, much the same for a Rogue to get an opener, I should for the most part never have a chance in hell against either ^^

Now, if I only knew how to play. Oh well, we'll try to make something up on the fly. It'll be good practice regardless
If youre a proper shadow geared priest you very much beat warriors unless they got most CDs up. Same for rogues, especially with stoneform.

Glad to see you enter!

If youre a proper shadow geared priest you very much beat warriors unless they got most CDs up. Same for rogues, especially with stoneform.

Glad to see you enter!
I'm not badly geared, but not enough to call me "good geared", Warriors is alright, but as it's duels, Cool Downs will generally be up and ready to go, so it can be a tossup as to who wins. Also depends on spec and some RnG, I'm more worried about Rogues, at least in my current state of gear. Probably need to get some duels in, as I've really had far too little 1-1 situations really.

I'm not badly geared, but not enough to call me "good geared", Warriors is alright, but as it's duels, Cool Downs will generally be up and ready to go, so it can be a tossup as to who wins. Also depends on spec and some RnG, I'm more worried about Rogues, at least in my current state of gear. Probably need to get some duels in, as I've really had far too little 1-1 situations really.
The matches are all BO3 until finals, so if a warrior blasts you once with everything youll at least get to stomp them in the consecutive fights. Shield denying rage really is a mean mechanic.

• Sad
Reactions: Naz