[Camelot Unchained] Beta 1 Announcement!

It's crunch time at City State Entertainment, and the whole production team is locked in their offices for 12 hours a day working tirelessly to create our next obsession, the Camelot Unchained Depths board game. No, wait - that's not right. I meant the Camelot Unchained Tri-Realm MMORPG!

Beta 1 was originally scheduled for February 2015, but due to "stuff" and "reasons" is a little behind schedule. And by 'a little', we mean the cumulative lifespans of roughly 122,572 mayflies, or just 3 of @Hakugards entertaining stories on Teamspeak.

But we are not deterred - we see progress literally every day coming from the development team. Just recently Andrew Meggs worked out how to turn the light switch on, and Jenesee has been drinking lots of tea on live stream. This can only signal one thing - Camelot Unchained Beta 1 is launching VERY SOON™!!!!!

This is not what we meant when we suggested a board meeting to discuss the delays in Camelot Unchained...

Cyrus has of course been preparing for this moment for a long time, and we are now pleased to announce our plans for Beta 1. They are quite complex, and you may need to re-read this article a few times to let it all sink in, but if you have any questions we'll be happy to answer them. Here goes:

• Cyrus will bum around a bit in Beta 1.

And that's it! As you can see, the list is pretty exhaustive and wont leave a lot of time for other guild / real life activities - such as playing Rocket League or The Division - but we'll try to fit in some other gaming nights just to mix things up a little when we get the chance!

The reason we are taking this approach is simple - it's all about managing expectations and keeping the hype real. We are very excited for the launch of Camelot Unchained and cannot wait to get in there, but we are also realistic about what to expect right now based on what we have seen and heard so far. We acknowledge that the development team are working their socks off right now to add game elements to the engine they have created, but we feel that what we will see at the start of Beta 1 is basically what we expected to see during Alpha, while what we saw in Alpha should have been for Internal Testing customers.

We will cetainly schedule a couple of nights for us all to get together and have a peek at the Beta 1 phase, but we will not do this with any regularity until further along the development cycle. This may come towards the end of the Beta 1 phase, or during Beta 2.

We are of course open to recruitment for any players looking to play Viking on EU servers, and we are very active in other games right now - see our Club Cyrus announcement for more details. And rest assured, when Camelot Unchained is finally released, Cyrus will be fully prepared and ready for action!

Soo..... "Zerging" "high-octane, elitist groups of 8 in a MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER ONLINE RPG" will not be implemented in our plans for Beta 1?

I'm so bumped out right now....

Sorry @Caellin, I think we may be ditching 'zerging' for 'high-octane blobs'... The skill factor involved is much higher, as there are so many people involved that effective communication is rendered impossible. We do like a challenge, you know...

You did the math, didn't you? Just like that time when you had to "research" drug withdrawal symptoms?
Or the time when he figured out how someone that won all of their Best of 5's didn't actually win the tournament? I'm not trusting his math anymore.

I'm not saying you are boring, but over 40,000 mayflies were cumulatively born and died in the time it took you to tell me what I was doing wrong in Rocket League.

Think of the mayflies!!!
In all fairness, you were probably doing a lot of things wrong...

Personally, i am looking forward to running lower numbers in beta so as not to spread the Reliability/Liability out thinner and "dumb down" the intensity! There's no AOE in game to spam yet so hopefully we can have some talent filled PVP.

Toggle Sidebar