Class
Undecided
So far, we have the following classes:

Cleric - Redh
Chanter - Caellin
Templar - Vikingstad
Sorcerer - Dia
Assassin - Nostrau (tbc)

We can easily have more than 6 members if people are interested - we will rotate members accordingly in dungeons. Come on boys - scratch that MMO itch!
I've decided on Ranger.

Dia

Guild Officer
Patron
Thread starter #343
End Game in Aion
Below is a list of things to do once you hit level 80 in Aion for both PvP and PvE.

How to get the PvP gear:

The best PvP sets currently in Aion are:
The main currency needed to buy the best PvP gear is Genesis. You can get about 700 of that by doing weekly quests plus more from doing the War Quests (although War quests are harder because you need good PvP gear to kill the Asmos).

What to do to get the currency and materials needed to upgrade the PvP set:
  • Weekly quests in Lakrum garrisons - each Garrison gives 2 quests and there are 4 of those quests that can be done 4x per week.
  • Dredgion – a PvPvE instance that gives Abyss points and materials to upgrade the PvP gear set from yellow to purple then from purple to red.
  • War Quests – kill Asmos and get Genesis currency
  • 6 vs 6 Arenas for Genesis currency
  • Sieges in Lakrum (Sieges will give you the crafting materials needed to upgrade your gear from purple to red)
Buy one item at a time with Genesis currency and work on that one first until it’s enchanted to +15 and all 3 Manastones are unlocked.
With the rest of the Genesis currency you get from doing the steps above, buy the yellow fabled enchantment stones (to + your gear) from the vendors that sell the sets.
At first focus on buying only the weapons and accessories with Genesis currency and craft/buy the armor PvP set.
Ideally you want to have: Full set of crafted armor + full set of Genesis accessories + Genesis weapon bought with Genesis crystals. This until you can afford to buy also the armor set with Genesis.

Upgrading PvP gear from yellow (Ancient) to purple (Legendary) to red (Ultimate), materials needed:
  • Fragment of the Fighting Spirit material – you get it by disenchanting yellow crafted PvP gear so this is why it’s good to level up your own crafting.
  • Legendary Lydium – material you get from 6vs6 arenas and Dredgion (I think, not 100% on this one)
  • Abyss points

PvE and how to get better gear for the 12 man raid:
  • Cube Laboratory Dungeon: enter 7x per week; it gives you stats for your character (HP, MP, Attack, etc.). You can sell the gold cubes you get that you do not need on the Broker (like block, physical attack, etc.) for a lot of money.
  • Dungeon weeklies: Garden of Knowledge, Garden of Knowledge Bonus, Mirash Refuge; they give PvE enchantment stones, kinah (money), and good starting gear to do the Narakkalli 6 man dungeon.
  • Grinding mobs for crafting gear whenever you have free time; don’t stay afk in Lakrum; you get fluxes and manastone drops that sell well plus they are needed to lvl up your crafting.

That's all I gathered for now!

Last edited:

Redh

Guild Leader
Patron
Class
Healer
I quit Aion. I had my PvP mace enchanted to +14 twice, and it failed both times taking it back down to +10. I spent over 90 enchantment stones getting it to there! :mad:

In other news, the next fortress siege is on Thursday evening. Tonight's was SO MUCH FUN, especially as only @Vikingstad received any rewards from it. I LOVE RNG!!!

Dia

Guild Officer
Patron
Thread starter #347
Yes, what the hell. Only Viking got a reward and I am pretty sure I put at least a dot on someone and hit the fort door once... :mad:

Oh, yeah, @Redh...once you get the yellow part to +15 and upgrade it to purple...you lose the +15 and have to start over. But you can't upgrade it until it's +15. You don't have to have the manastones in.

Weapons can also be combined.

Last edited:

Dia

Guild Officer
Patron
Thread starter #351

Caellin

Guild Member
For everyone: This dumb piece of crap likes to punish players for doing more of it content.
As such I am stuck on lvl 55 until I complete 3 more campaign mission, basically wasting 30-60 minutes of my time...

For everyone still leveling do the campaign first at all times and don't touch the side quests and abandon them as soon as the campaign becomes available...

Kartesk

Guild Member
Class
Crafter
For everyone: This dumb piece of crap likes to punish players for doing more of it content.
As such I am stuck on lvl 55 until I complete 3 more campaign mission, basically wasting 30-60 minutes of my time...

For everyone still leveling do the campaign first at all times and don't touch the side quests and abandon them as soon as the campaign becomes available...
Yeah lost around 30 mio exp by the cap of Level 55 until the campain was done... now i do the campain as soon as i can ;)
This won't happen twice to me lol

Redh

Guild Leader
Patron
Class
Healer
I just wanted to post a quick update on the Endgame and what there is to do for those who are levelling or still considering whether they will stick with the game.

PvP is a washout - our faction is heavily outnumbered, and because sieges are scheduled there is no way to organise a siege when we have superior numbers, and there is no real way to strategize a victory. I have attended 3 sieges so far, and each time we have been unable to even advance more than 50 yards outside our base!

That said, your focus should be on getting your PvP gear by doing the weekly quests. These are mostly out in the open world and there things could be a lot more interesting. There are rarely more than 3 or 4 asmos together, and although we stand no chance at killing them until we get some decent PvP gear, that will come in good time. There is also instanced PvP such as Dredgion and arenas for the future.

With regards PvE, this is far more straightforward. There is a 1 player instance, two 3 player instances and a 6 player instance we can work on pretty much straight away. There are instances beyond that including a 12 player instance. Getting geared for this is as you'd expect.

If anyone has any questions then feel free to ask - there is much I still have to learn, and there are many things that feel out of reach still (such as the new crafting system), but in time it could be a fun timesink if we group up for these activities.

Kartesk

Guild Member
Class
Crafter
Need to say PvP as Gladiator in 1 vs 1 is not fun at all. I need to be close to even hit and the Enemys are running in circles around me and cast till i'm dead. 50k HP and not a single hit from myself. Not funny at all.
Beside of that 1 more Level to go till 80 :)
Looking forward to hunt with the big ones of cyrus.

Still need to figure out some things. Getting a lot of useful drops the last few levels just don't know what to do with them lol
What is needed to combine the little pets together ? Got 1 of this little Pets 3 times now and there is a menu for it but none of my pets shows up there. Are they needed to be evolved before ?

Last edited:

Dia

Guild Officer
Patron
Thread starter #359
Need to say PvP as Gladiator in 1 vs 1 is not fun at all. I need to be close to even hit and the Enemys are running in circles around me and cast till i'm dead. 50k HP and not a single hit from myself. Not funny at all.
Beside of that 1 more Level to go till 80 :)
Looking forward to hunt with the big ones of cyrus.

Still need to figure out some things. Getting a lot of useful drops the last few levels just don't know what to do with them lol
What is needed to combine the little pets together ? Got 1 of this little Pets 3 times now and there is a menu for it but none of my pets shows up there. Are they needed to be evolved before ?
The damage to Asmos is a gear issue. I can barely put a dent in their armor, I do maybe 5k damage to them in total and I am a mage. Once you have the good PvP gear, you will make a difference.

This is what Wiki says about combining:

"Combining allows users to attempt to gamble for greater Minions using lesser ones. It requires four Minions of the same grade and same type (Kerubs and Normal). Each attempt costs 50,000 Kinah and will consume all four of the selected Minions. If it succeeds, a random Minion of the following greater grade will be obtained.
If it fails, the player will end up with a random Minion of the same grade they attempted combining. Combinations performed with Kerub Minions will give Kerub Minions after it is performed, and, likewise, normal Minions will give normal Minions. This method is based entirely on luck, with no way of improving the odds."

Nostrau

Guild Member
Class
Undecided
Incoming ramblings from a noob with big OCD tendencies...

I'm trying to get a hang on the gear grind and the different quests and weeklies. This is a work in progress, so far this is only about getting each piece, not upgrading stuff.

Dia mentioned Genesis crystals (GC) before. They are the tokens you need to buy pvp gear. For a full set you need 2042 GC :
Armor 482 GC (5 pieces)
Weapons 223 GC each (sry dual wielders, you need to pay 446!)
Accessories 742 GC (Hats and belts are in this category in the game)
Feather accessories 595 GC

The GC vendors are in the Everlasting Life Refuge, which is the starting fort for Elyos in Lakrum. Looking at the map below, the vendors are located near the orange area I painted. I know, Epic Paint Skills, thank you.

Lakrum.png

So how to get GC?

The easiest way for a fresh lvl 80 is to do the weekly NPC kill quests that rewards GC. Each week you can earn in total 748 GC this way:
Weekly garrison quests 540 GC
Weekly Guardian outpost quests 208 GC

The garrison quests are called [Weekly] Defend/Protect the 12X Garrison(Rep)

There are 9 garrisons in lakrum, marked with red above. When the garrisons are green Elyos controls them and the quests are available to us. Each garrison offers two weeklies: one Defend quest and one Protect quest. In total you need to kill 10 NPC's for each garrison.
Each garrison offers a one-time Dark Blue quest, giving you 10 Ancient PVP Enchancement Stone. They are for upgrading equipment afaik, more on that later.

The Guardian Outpost quests are called [Weekly] Conquest Training for Euron (West/Northwest/Center/South)(4/4)

The Guardian Outpost is marked with blue above. Each quest area is roughly marked with green above. These weeklies you can do 4 times each/week. Each kill quest is 20 mobs so in total you need to kill 320 mobs each week for maximum GC reward.

--------------------

More to come...