Guide [Addons] Essentials & Utility !

Deen

Class Leader
Class
Warrior
You might be right yeah thanks for the tip. Thought it works when I tested it, I cannot see any update.

Hopefully in the coming weeks, Omen or KLH will be updated. If not then ClassicThreatMeter it will be. I'll keep an eye on it and update the Thread accordingly ;-)

Vorstok

Casual Raid Member
Deen, this is amazing. I know for a fact I would not have been ready for launch without this. Thanks to you I can look forward to a complete mess of action bars and begging notes from addon developers, and not being able to play the game until I have figured out the rubik puzzle on the screen while my character goes AFK, and finally logs out which I will be powerless to prevent.

Prawni

Core Raid Member
Class
Mage
Remember to update your addons. Several have received new versions since the stress test.

Kataya

Core Raid Member
Class
Warrior
"A good habit to take from the start is to always wait a few seconds for the MT to build some aggro before starting the DPS, whether in dungeon or raid."

What we used to do in classic was wait for the MT to have atleast 5 sunders in before starting dps.

i sure hope Grid is gonna be available, not a fan of the default frames.

Struckd

Social Member
Class
Mage
"A good habit to take from the start is to always wait a few seconds for the MT to build some aggro before starting the DPS, whether in dungeon or raid."

What we used to do in classic was wait for the MT to have at least 5 sunders in before starting dps.
Not to nick pick...but for dungeons usually 2 sunders is ok. 3 if you wish it account for a POM Pyro blast or expect someone to do some massive crits in quick succession...or if the tank is 3 levels below the DPS!

Otherwise the premise is exactly correct. Classic is about threat management! Not about topping DPS charts.

Last edited:

Iselore

Core Raid Member
Class
Hunter
Not to nick pick...but for dungeons usually 2 sunders is ok. 3 if you wish it account for a POM Pyro blast or expect someone to do some massive crits in quick succession...or if the tank is 3 levels below the DPS!

Otherwise the premise is exactly correct. Classic is about threat management! Not about topping DPS charts.
Hunter's weaving MD into their rotations as well for the first minute or so.

Kataya

Core Raid Member
Class
Warrior

not talking about dungeons struck :)

bit of a weird quote as well, my original post said 5 and your quote says 2.....

Struckd

Social Member
Class
Mage
Sorry for the confusion, you mentioned dungeons thats why.

Misquote must be my fault! Don't know how that happened!

Struckd

Social Member
Class
Mage
A few more addons that I think are required after playing last night.

Moncai Equipment Compare Classic
Automatically showing comparison tool tips in the bank, at the auction, in your bags, in the dungeon journal, when looking at quest rewards and when clicking item links. Replacement for EquipCompare.

For convenience I made a wetransfer link for anyone who wishes to download all the latest version of the following listed addons at once so you don't have to go through the trouble of doing it yourself.
Download Link: https://we.tl/t-8MBQC6mPbg(WeTransfer, 1 Week Starting 27-08-2019, 9.7 MB) - Now Expired.
Included Addons:
Missing Addons:
  • Elkano BuffBars
  • Ackis Recipe List
  • Auctioneer
  • Recount
  • Deadly Boss Mods
  • Rebuff
  • Buff Enough Classic
  • Classic Spell Activation
  • Weapon Swing Timer
  • Grid