[Accepted] Daemion - SpiritMaster

Discussion in 'Previous Recruitment Applications' started by Daemion, 4th Oct 2009.

1. Daemion

Daemion Guild Member Private Parts

QUICK PROFILE:

Character Name: Daemion
    Class: SpiritMaster

Schedule (afternoons, evenings, any time): Various, listed under question 6.

QUESTIONS:

1. Why do you wish to join us?
    I have been working as a solo SpiritMaster, and it's starting to feel like I'm just making the motions. I chat with a US legion on a Ventrilo server just because I enjoy the conversation, and they're a solid group of people. As much as I like chatting with them, hearing them group up and all the awesome stuff they're doing makes me feel a little left out, so I went in search of an Elyos legion on Perento. I want to be part of a group, show what I can do, and feed off others that have better skills in other areas, so I can learn from them and contribute back. Forgive me for making this sound like a loner's cry for help, but I feel I need to be part of a legion to further enjoy the game, and fully take part in the competitive aspect. And from what I've seen and read in the forums on various sites as well as your own, you look like the Legion I will enjoy the most being in, and get the most out of.

2. What are your expectations of the guild?
    To be honest, I have no expectations based off previous MMOs, because I've always solo'd through the games. I guess the only expectation would be that everyone followed the Code of Conduct, and if I helped them, that they would help me, or if they couldn't, at least point me in the direction of where I need to go to find the answers/mobs/items I'm after.

3. What special qualities can you bring?
    I like to think I'm a very technical player, rather than a brute-force one. This was the main reason I chose a SpiritMaster; it's a very involving class that has great rewards if you're willing to put in the effort. My high point in PvE was taking on a Kerubian Fighter and then five Kerubian Gatherers at level 22, when by all accounts one of them should've finished me off. I'm the sort that goes out looking for information on AionArmory and such sites, rather than asking in the forums and General Chat, and it's served me well. I would say that having very little raiding experience means that I am pliable, and wanting to working with the raiding groups on their terms rather than trying to use my own.

4. Do you have Ventrillo installed, with a working Microphone?
    Yes, and yes. It's pretty high quality apart from a slight buzz in the background. Hardly noticable unless you're listening out for it.

5. Have you been in any previous guilds, and if so why did you leave them?
    Not been in any previous guilds, as I mentioned before. The only reason I had guilds on other games was because it was an easy way for my friends to tell a character I was playing was being played by me.

6. Would you consider yourself to be an active player? During which hours are you usually online?
    I'm not active throughout the week; my job prevents me from doing that. I tend to get on for a couple of hours in the mornings when I can, however I can spend a good 5-7 hours on Monday Evening, Thursday Evening, anytime on Friday, and Sunday afternoon/evening. Depending on what overtime I have listed, I can also do the occasional Friday night as well. These are more 'on request' than at my discretion; I have to get up at 4am Saturday morning, but I'm willing to join the fray if asked to.

7. Tell us about yourself, including any previous gaming experience.
    My name is Allan, I'm 20 and I'm from England. I'm a cashier at a store in my local area, and I'm planning on going to University in September 2010 to study either Computer Games Modelling and Animation, or Computer Games Development. The only other MMO I got as deep into as I have with Aion was Ragnarok Online; that was nearing an addiction, to the point where I had binders full of printed damage charts, monster info etc. I left RO when I realised that euRO was taking ages with implementing updates from the kRO and iRO releases, although up until now I occasionally went onto p.servers for a few weeks to scratch an itch. I have been a big gamer up until Aion came out (then I donned the sleepy eyes), but now it seems I have turned away from that a little to indulge in the bleeding edge of an MMO that rivals any game I've played in terms of complexity and story.

Last edited: 4th Oct 2009
  2. Redh

Redh Guild Leader 100% Tactical

Hi Daemion, and thanks for taking the time to register on our website and post your application. It's nice to see someone take the time to answer in full :)

I certainly agree that joining a legion will enhance your experience of the game, and I'm flattered that you picked us from the list! When recruiting new members now, we try to ensure that the player is the right match with our existing membership. This sometimes means turning away really nice people, or really great applications because we feel they may be happier with a group of more similar people.

While we are not a hardcore legion, we are looking for highly active members to join us. Would I be right in saying that you are not available in-game on tuesdays, wednesdays and saturdays?

Don't worry about the buzzing / annoying sound on Ventrilo - I get that every time Gemm speaks! Mwaahaha!

One other question for you. As a mainly solo player in the past, how have you got on with the PvP side of things? You must usually have to run in pugs? Do you enjoy PvP, or is your preference more with PvE?

Many thanks :)

3. Gemm

Gemm Retired Member

Great application Damien :)

hmm i think you are hearing youself on my speakers Redh i will try to fix it (mute you that is) :p

4. Daemion

I'll explain my activity in terms of my real life obligations. Hopefully that will make things clearer. :]

I work Tuesday-Thursday nights, 6pm-10pm BST (soon to be GMT), although at the moment on Thursday I'm in an hour early. When I get home, I have to give my dog his tablets etc, so in reality I'm able to get on at about 10:45. When I sign off is really up to me, since I'm working late at that point. For Saturday, I work 6am-9am. I tend to grind on Saturday because I have stuff to do with/for my parents, however if I know what time you will be needing me, I can shift things around to come online at the time requested.

I've run in a couple of Pugs around level 20 with the Krall quests in Verteron on the same night. It was honestly the best night of the gaming experience so far. I was lucky; we had a solid group of varying classes. We had to re-pug because our Templar couldn't really do his job, and kept complaining when the team had to retreat while the healer cast all the buffs and then ran to find a better, less dangerous vantage/healing point.

As for PvP, my problem with Ragnarok was that everyone who wanted to PvP was either an Assassin, or a Monk, or another physical class. On Aion, I have to admit I've rather enjoyed it. I see 'ASMOS' in blue on the chatroom in Elten, I grab the loc into my map, I go, I see someone about to be ganked by a straggler from the main group. Restrain, summon my spirit, pick him off. In a better way of saying it; it's a lot of fun, because it's part of the story and the playing field is level in terms of class superiority so far. I've killed two Assassins so far on my own without losing any health. I know in the Abyss it'll be a lot faster, but it's still going to be fun.

5. Redh

Redh Guild Leader 100% Tactical

Hi Daemion,

I see, that's much better and you shouldn't have any problems keeping up with the levelling curve of the guild then.

Welcome to Cyrus then - I hope you have a long and happy stay here, and enjoy being able to group up and chat with guildies!

You'll have full members access to our forums (including ventrilo details) shortly.

6. Daemion

Much appreciation. : D

Just as an FYI, I've hit level 25 today. A full day ahead of schedule, and I'm just about to get the three scrolls in Sanctum. :]

7. Makenshi

Makenshi Member

Welcome to Cyrus Daemion

8. AlcatrazSlayer

AlcatrazSlayer Retired Member

Welcome to Cyrus !!!

9. Seregon

Seregon Retired Member

Welcome aboard

After playing with you last night in our group and our sorte to find some rift gankage in a lvl 38+ area my advice is:- GROW SOME BALLS charge in and worry about the repair bill later.

Otherwise ur gonna make Gemm look too Butch.

Rememver we only Died once we went thru the gate to Asmo land and we could even see the lvl of the mobs :)